September 6-8, 2013
The annual Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival, benefiting HART and GLAF, features beautifully handcrafted works by local and regional artisans, wine tasting from over 200 Maryland and national wineries, live music, children's activities, wine pairing dinners, lodging packages, and more.
Friday, September 6 - Wine Pairing Dinners
The Art & Wine Festival begins Friday night with area restaurants offering special pre-fix wine pairing dinners. Restaurants include Savage River Lodge, Cornish Manor, Dutch's at Silver Tree, Uno Chicago Grill, Pine Lodge Steakhouse, Deer Park Inn, Santa Fe Grille, Brenda's Pizzeria, Black Bear Tavern, Smiley's Sports Bar & Grill, and Four Seasons to pair pre-selected wines with specially prepared dinner courses.
Saturday, Sept. 7 7:00-11:00 AM
Deep Creek Lake Firehall
Saturday, September 7 - Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE FESTIVAL LOCATED AT THE MOSSER ROAD FAIRGROUNDS ENTRANCE (Mosser Rd is at the traffic light on 219).
The Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival weekend continues on Saturday from noon until 6:00 PM at the Garrett County Fairgrounds in McHenry, Maryland. The wine store will be open until 7 pm.
- Artists: Over thirty professional artists and craftsmen will display and sell their art, from handcrafted jewelry and wood carvings to oil paintings, and hand painted furniture and accessories. Click here for samples of some of this year's artists.
- Food Artisans: Taste and purchase homemade products from local food artisans including Firefly Farms, DeBerry Farms, and Deep Creek Sweets.
- Wine Tasting: National distributors and Maryland wineries will offer samplings of a variety of over 200 wines to satisfy even the most discriminating tastes. Premium Wine Tasting Area: $15 for 10 tasting tickets. Must have purchased $25 adult entry fee. For list of 2013 wines, please click here.
- Guest Wine Pourers: Visitors who frequent the Deep Creek Lake area will have the opportunity to chat with locals who are elevated to a new status for the afternoon as they become the festival's guest pourers. Past participants include State Senator George Edwards, Maryland Delegate Wendell Beitzel, and our county commissioners. Want to be a guest pourer? Please email email@example.com!
- Wine Shop: Guests may purchase the wines at the festival's retail store (open until 7 PM), with net proceeds donated to the HART/GLAF.
- Food: Delicious sandwiches, cheeses, ice cream, salads and more will be available for sale throughout the day from Archie's, Lakeside Creamery, Jearbryo's, Knights of Columbus, and Copper Kettle Popcorn Factory.
- Live Entertainment
- Dmitry Ostrogrsky
- Greg Short
- Silent Auction: The auction includes art, wine and wine accessories, jewelry, children's items, gift certificates and other great finds. Auction begins at noon and ends at 4 pm.
- For the Kids: Kids too will enjoy the festival with free activities just for them including face painting, balloon art, air brush tattoos, carriage rides, moon bounce & much more. For an additional nominal cost, kids can bob for ducks at the HART/GLAF Duck Bobbing Booth where everyone wins!
Tickets for the Deep Creek Art & Wine Festival are $25 for adults, 21 and over and include entry fee, wine tastings and a commemorative wine glass.
NEW! VIP Wine Tasting Room
Taste a selection of premium wines chosen by our wineries, enjoy live entertainment and have a bite to eat in our new VIP Premium Wine Tasting Room. $15 per person includes 10 wine tasting tickets, appetizers and music. Purchase your wine in the tasting room! We’ll have it waiting at the Wine Pick Up Area when you’re ready to leave! Additional tasting tickets available at $10 for 10 tickets. Premium wine is limited. Wine Tasting Room will close once premium wines are consumed. Tickets available at VIP Wine Tasting Room entrance only. Must have purchased $25 entry fee to enter VIP Wine Tasting Room.
General admittance only is $10 and children12 and under are free.
We request that you to leave your pets in the comfort of your home or lodging accommodations. The festival can get a bit crowded, especially around the tasting areas and can be stressful on our furry friends. We all love our pets and want them to be happy and relaxed. Remember, many of the rental homes through our lodging partners, as well as Wisp Resort, love dogs and are happy to accommodate!
Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival lodging packages are available at participating hotels, B & B's and resort rental agencies. The packages include entrance to the Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival, wine tastings, commemorative glass and Friday night wine dinner gift certificates to be used toward wine pairing dinners at participating restaurants. Click here for list of partners.
Sunday, September 8 - Brunch
Sunday Brunch will be offered by these area restaurants:
- Savage River Lodge 9 am - 2 pm 301.689.3200
- Cornish Manor 301.334.4617